Tall Health Issues
Being Tall Could Make You Sick ...
The first thing to keep in mind when reading this section is Not To Panic. Just because a few symptoms sound familiar doesn’t mean you have a particular disorder.
The second thing to keep in mind is that we’re a tall club, not a medical partnership, and we haven’t examined you.
The purpose of this section is to provide our members and friends with an overview of medical problems that affect tall people and some associated resources. You may have ideas and questions to discuss with your medical professional at your next visit.
- Marfan Syndrome is one of the most dangerous disorders to threaten tall people, mostly because it is so often undiagnosed.
- Repetitive Strain Injury is a special problem for tall people - find out why.
- Acromegaly or Pituitary Giantism is the disorder that afflicted many of the circus sideshow “giants” of old. It can be treated.
- Klinefelter Syndrome is another genetic disorder that’s more common than you think. In fact, some historians believe that George Washington may have had it.
- Trauma - Why tall people sometimes get hurt more when they get hit.